Next to Sony Playstation VR, the Japanese tech company is expanding its footprint in the metaverse with the announcement of Sony Mocopi, a live motion-tracking system featuring 6 wearable trackers available in late January 2023 for around $360.
Key points about Sony Mocopi
- Sony introduces a new live motion-tracking system called Mocopi
- Mocopi will be available late January 2023 for around 360 USD/EUR
- A total of 6 trackers, charged in 90 minutes for 10 hours battery life
- One for the head, one of the hip, two for ankles and two for hands
- No finger tracking so that would require e.g. a Leap Motion Controller