The XRAI Glass app just released on the Google Play store. It helps deaf people to see real-time subtitling in the special augmented reality (AR) glasses from Nreal. Aside from transcription, paid plans offer translation capabilities as well.
- The app released in November 2022 on the Google Play store
- A free subscription plan offers unlimited transcription into 9 languages
- Paid plans offer translation ($~20/mo) and a personal AI ($~50/mo)
- The Nreal Air hardware goes for 350 USD/GBP or 500-800 EUR
- Watch the short video clip for a quick demo
Although this device might remind you of this Black Mirror episode about continuous recording of your life, it’s actually technology for good (#Tech❤️Good) when used for its primary intended audience: deaf people.
Secondary use cases are transcribing or translating conversations in real-time.
So, would you say this is tech for good or rather a literal black mirror in the making?